none
Deployment Error message PCI\Ven_8086&DEV RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I have now used MDT for about 5 years and never had any issues. I usually get a new device wipe it clean install windows and get all the drivers from the manufacture then use a software called Double Driver and get all of the drivers needed. I then take those drivers and put in in a new folder with the manufacture name and model. So I got these new Dell Latitude E5450 put all the drivers in like i normally do but this one is giving me an error message saying that it can not connect to the network. Then I get this error message

"The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A2&SUBSYS_062B1028&REV_03"

I am officially stumped! I checked all the drivers on the system and they are all there. I see the driver imported in my MDT but I still get this error message. I have done this for all of our computers that have ever come in and I never had this issue. Anyone have any advice for me please let me know. Btw I did google it and found everything but the actual drivers to help me with this. Its server 2008r2 if that helps any thank you 

Monday, November 2, 2015 6:55 PM

All replies

• If you need drivers for Dell systems, go here - http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Dell+Business+Client+Operating+System+Deployment+-+The+.CAB+Files

Those CAB packs make it pretty easy. The specific driver for that PnP ID should be Intel Net E1D64x64.inf

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:11 PM
  • thank you kind Sir I am reading and watching the videos now on this i will let you know how it works out. I never knew they had that Cab setup 
    Monday, November 2, 2015 7:58 PM
  • ok maybe i am still a noob at this but i am trying to understand this process. I have never done the cab file setup before. I googled it and youtubed it but I am missing something. I don't have configuration manager to setup the cab. This system was in place but not working when I got here. I did the research to get it up and running and never used configuration manager before. I have always just added each model to my list and put the drivers in the out of the box drivers folder. I am not sure how to get the driver i need out of this CAB file to make this work. Any advice for me?
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:21 PM
  • Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:30 PM
  • ^^that is how mine is setup and i usually just right click and import drivers and go from there. This is the first system that is giving me a hard time
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:30 PM
  • 9 times out of 10 following the Total Control driver management method will solve driver related issues.

http://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/325/MDT-2013-Lite-Touch-Driver-Management

As for the CAB file you don't have to extract it but you can do that especially if it contains both x86 and x64, then just import the specific architecture your driver folder is meant for. Use 7-Zip as it can work with many types of archive files.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:40 PM
  • Oh one other suggestion, check to see if Intel has more up to date drivers, then remove those specific drivers from the folder and import the updated ones. Every once in a while I've come across a not so great driver that was in a cab pack or that came from Dell.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:43 PM
  • I forgot to tell you that this is for window 7 64bit all the drivers i am finding are windows 8 based
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:00 PM
  • That won't work, use Windows 7 drivers for Windows 7.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/7594.latitude-e54505450-windows-7-driver-pack

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:02 PM
  • i've exhausted everything and i finally contacted Dell. They told me its a known issue with this model and they are working on making a driver to correct it. I have tried everything i can think of and still getting the same error. I have no idea what else to do with this thing. I have gone right to intel to get the driver and the most updated even the older drivers and still nothing. i have no idea what else to do next with this I can tell you this i am not ordering anymore of these systems
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:14 PM
  • I've had that happen with one of their driver packs before, so I just replaced them with the drivers directly from Intel and it worked.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:31 PM
  • i think i have downloaded every version i could find from intel. no matter which driver i try it does it. I am wondering if i need to look at something in the bios now. 
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:01 PM