none
Agent not reachable - the attempted contact failed for the following reason: ID 3122 RRS feed

• Question

• I had set up DPM on a domain controller .  It is only protecting some data on the DC itself.  Thus , I started getting "Agent Not Reachable" in the Protection status.  I rebooted, and then all connected up again.  Then after a few more hours, the same "Agent Not Reachable" message came back. 

On the monitoring tab, it has an alert which says the same thing.  Under description it says:

The DPM protection agent on "Domain Controller server" could not be contacted. Subsequent protection activities for this computer may fail if the connection is not established. The attempted contact failed for the following reason: (ID 3122)

The protection agent operation failed on Domain Controller server (ID 303 Details: Unknown error (0x8ac))

Please your help .

Regards , 

Robin

Friday, January 8, 2016 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please share some more Details about your SCDPM and what you are backing up.

saw this with earlier release of SCDPM 2012 R2, is your Version installed with latest UR?

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:32 PM