none
SharePoint AND SQL Mirroring AND SQL Aliasing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

We had a single-server farm (Sql database and SharePoint) deployed. But we added another SQL server and 2 Web Front End to this farm. We set up SQL mirroring beetween the 2 SQL servers. To do this, we defined an alias to the mirrored endpoint, then we used the ConfigureSharePointProtection.exe -resolveAllSqlAliases cmdlet on both of the SQL servers and on all servers within the Farm.

The point is that the databases are not visible within DPM. When I deploy the databases, there is an alert that says the agent must be installed on the other SQL server (wich is the case).

So we reset the SQL mirroring to resolve the mirror server by its real name (not via SQL alias) then, DPM see the mirrored databases fine.

So here is my question: Does DPM support farm that use SQLmirroring on SQLAliases or is there something wrong with my DPM config?

Thanks in advance.

Romain K 

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:05 AM

Answers

• DPM Supports SQL Aliasing.  You have to make sure that you are setting the SQl alias up under the 32-bit version of the alias and not the native 64.  DPM will only recognize a 32-bit alias.

Walt W [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:22 PM