none
Duplicate tasks in project pro 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been creating new projects in Project Server 2013, and I'm using an enterprise project template. When I open some of my project with MS Project Pro 2013 from project server, I get a duplicate task for all of my tasks on the template. 

This does not happen on all projects, just a few and appears to be random. Any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

Thanks, Rick

Rick

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 12:00 PM

Answers

• We are in the process of verifying now but it looks like the person creating the projects did them all sequentially and did not save and publish each project before moving on to the next one. So, in effect there were 11 projects open, pending save and publish at one time.

Rick

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:57 PM

All replies

• Rick --

I have never run into this problem, not could I find anyone else reporting it.  I would strongly recommend, if you have not done so already, then you patch your SharePoint, Project Server 2013, and Microsoft Project 2013 with Service Pack 1 and with the August 2014 cumulative update.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 3:24 PM
  • Thanks dle,

I think we found the problem.

Rick

Rick

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:01 PM
  • Rick --

Please do not leave us hanging!  If you found the source of the problem and the solution, please share that with us so that all of us can learn from your experience.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:16 PM
  • We are in the process of verifying now but it looks like the person creating the projects did them all sequentially and did not save and publish each project before moving on to the next one. So, in effect there were 11 projects open, pending save and publish at one time.

Rick

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 5:57 PM