Addons causing slow internet explorer also crashes,hangs. RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows XP PRO SP3 and while trying to use the Fixit center trouble shooter to clearout or disable addons, toolbars, helpers the fixit program only lists the windows and microsoft addons ect. to remove.

On the report that fixit makes it shows that this PC has an additional 48 toolbars,addons, and helpers that are not windows or microsoft products and does not provide an answer as to how to remove or disable them.

The number of addons needs to be cleared out, I tried to open occache.dll but access is denied, I am also listed as the Admin. on this PC and I still get nowhere.

I have also tried Guided Help but half way thru the download there is a message that pops up that says unable to download at this time please try again later.

There has been 5 or 6 attempts at downloading, all to no availl.

Also I am on internet explorer 8..........Help Please????

Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:58 PM

Answers

• Try going to  Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs

If you can't find it in the lists then

You can always reset IE to default:

Tools>> Internet Options>>  advanced >>reset

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Windows 7, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Applications Infrastructure, Exchange 2007 ITIL V3 Certified
    Friday, November 25, 2011 12:03 AM

All replies

• Try going to  Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs

If you can't find it in the lists then

You can always reset IE to default:

Tools>> Internet Options>>  advanced >>reset

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Windows 7, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Applications Infrastructure, Exchange 2007 ITIL V3 Certified
    Friday, November 25, 2011 12:03 AM
  • I have already tried to reset Internet Explorer.

The extra addons and toolbars do not show up on the addon manager.

On running the fitit tool is where the list of toolbars and addons show up, a right click on the mouse will bring up a disable this toolbar or addon but the disable choice does not function.

I have also tried to open the Windows\Occache floder but have not been successful.

Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:23 AM