none
Allow Logon locally cant able to set in Server 2012 R2

Question

• Dear Team,

I tried to enable allow logon access policy for a user in group policy of server 2012 R2.

but when am enabling that policy setting, throwing a warning as "Administrator must be granted the log on request", and cant able to proceed further.

Please help. Quick reply much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Retheesh

Thursday, August 06, 2015 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi RetheeshR,

As far as I know, Domain controller policy effects the local domain controller account. Domain policy effects the the domain users.

And Domain Controller Security Settings  take precedence over the Domain Security Policy for DCs.

Domain controllers, by default, restrict the types of user accounts that have the ability to log on locally. By default, only members of the Account Operators, Administrators, Backup Operators, Print Operators, and Server Operators groups have the Allowed logon locally system right.

Does the user administrator or member of admin groups?

If it's not an administrator account. So you may also need to check link I mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:20 PM

All replies

• > but when am enabling that policy setting, throwing a warning as
    > "Administrator must be granted the log on request", and cant able to
    > proceed further.

So what is your question exactly? Hit "Add User or Group", type
    "Administrators" and all is ready to go...

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    • Proposed as answer by Narcoticoo Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:47 AM
    Thursday, August 06, 2015 10:15 AM
  • Hi RetheeshR,

Thanks for your post.

As suggested, please provide more detail information regarding the issue you are facing.

In addition, please check the article below to see if it can be useful to you:

Grant a Member the Right to Logon Locally

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee957044(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 07, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Dear all,

it was my mistake. In group policy, i should have to select "Default Domain controller policy" but i selected "Default Domain policy". That was the issue.

Regards

Retheesh R

Sunday, August 09, 2015 12:07 PM
  • Hi RetheeshR,

As far as I know, Domain controller policy effects the local domain controller account. Domain policy effects the the domain users.

And Domain Controller Security Settings  take precedence over the Domain Security Policy for DCs.

Domain controllers, by default, restrict the types of user accounts that have the ability to log on locally. By default, only members of the Account Operators, Administrators, Backup Operators, Print Operators, and Server Operators groups have the Allowed logon locally system right.

Does the user administrator or member of admin groups?

If it's not an administrator account. So you may also need to check link I mentioned above.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:20 PM