Adding users from Domain A to an AD security group in Domain B RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am able to add users from Domain A to shared folders that are on Domain B's servers, however I am not able to provide access to Domain A users through security groups. How do I go about adding them through security groups that are in domain B? When I try to add users to the security group, I just see my domain.

Thanks,

Gary

Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the relationship between Domain A and B? Does A and B trust each other?

You could use command Move-ADObject by powershell to achieve your goal, if Domain A and B trust each other.

More information about Move-ADObject ,  please refer to the following article:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617248.aspx

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 7:17 AM
  • You can't.

You have to design a Group Strategy that meet your requirements.

I think in your case a role based strategy like AGDLP is good enough.

Hope helps you.

Friday, July 14, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:56 AM