Can't Remove VisualBee From Search Provider in IE 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to remove VisualBee as a Search Provider in Manage Add-ons in IE 10, Windows 8 Home, and the "Remove" button is grayed out. Any idea how to remove this thing?

I've attached a picture of the Manage Add-ons screen. As you can see in the image, the Remove button is deactivated. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Saturday, July 6, 2013 12:03 AM

Answers

• 1. Please download and run AdwCleaner.
    See this thread ("VB or Visual Bee Malicious Tool Bar - How to Remove Safely").

2. Then please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

3. Reset Internet Explorer Settings.

4. Test.

Good Luck

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Saturday, July 6, 2013 5:04 AM

All replies

• Probably because it's set as the default Search Provider.  Set one of the other Search Providers as default first, then try to remove it.

Edit:  Ah, forget that.  I didn't realise that VisualBee is potentially unwanted software, so it may involve more than just that.

• Edited by AnaBna Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:10 AM edit
    Saturday, July 6, 2013 12:51 AM
  • 1. Please download and run AdwCleaner.
    See this thread ("VB or Visual Bee Malicious Tool Bar - How to Remove Safely").

2. Then please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

3. Reset Internet Explorer Settings.

4. Test.

Good Luck

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Saturday, July 6, 2013 5:04 AM
  • Hi,

Try to set Bing as default searcher provider, then remove VisualBee again.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:46 AM