none
Dpmsync -sync error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

The hard disk of my server is gone. I install a new one and the SQL 2012 DPM 2012 R2.

I have the DPM backup of SQL.

I use dpmsync -restoredb and was sucess completed, but when I use dpmsync -sync I got this issue.

Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The remote procedure call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 e rrorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Engine.CProxyUtils.HandleErrors(I nt32 hr, tagSAFEARRAY* exceptionResult) at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Engine.RestoreDbSyncServicesProxy .RestoreDbSynchronize(Boolean reallocateReplica, Boolean* isExternalVolumeMissin g) at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.RestoreDbSync.RestoreDbSync.SyncF unction(Boolean reallocateReplica, Boolean& isExternalVolumeMissing) at Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.RestoreDbSync.RestoreDbSync.Main( String[] args)

Someone can help me? I don't want lose all backup and take this job again.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This can happen if you did not install the DPM 2012 R2 update rollup that the original DPM server installation was running before restoring the database.

You can use this SQL query against the restored DB to see the last update version and KB number for the update rollup that should be installed prior to restoring the DB.

select top 1 name,FileName from tbl_AM_AgentPatch order by Name desc

1) Install DPM 2012 R2
    2) Install DPM 2012 R2 Update Rollup X   (Where X is the last update rollup prior to the rebuild)
    3) Restore DPMDB
    4) Run Dpmsync - Sync

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This can happen if you did not install the DPM 2012 R2 update rollup that the original DPM server installation was running before restoring the database.

You can use this SQL query against the restored DB to see the last update version and KB number for the update rollup that should be installed prior to restoring the DB.

select top 1 name,FileName from tbl_AM_AgentPatch order by Name desc

1) Install DPM 2012 R2
    2) Install DPM 2012 R2 Update Rollup X   (Where X is the last update rollup prior to the rebuild)
    3) Restore DPMDB
    4) Run Dpmsync - Sync

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:54 PM
  • The result of select was DPM Agent v. 4.2.1417.0, but when I click Microsoft page for download this rollup shows "Bad request" or "The website encountered with a problem".

Can you share with me, if you have it?

Thursday, October 20, 2016 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

That is KB3112306-Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager

Direct download link - it seemed to work for me.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:39 PM