Show Desktop button bug RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased a Win7 tablet. Once in a while the "show desktop" button on the task bar seems to get stuck in the on position. If I try to re-open any windows they immediately close. Today I was playing Spider Solitaire when the window suddenly closed and I saw that the show desktop button had been activated. I might have touched it inadvertently.You can see the teeny flashing dot as if someone is pressing the button. . Then it's ok after it reboots. Today I got it to de-activate after poking it with my finger for several minutes but previously I couldn't even get the Start Menu to stay open; I've had to shut the computer off with the on/off switch It's happened 3 times in 2 days. Is there anyway to get rid of this button?
    Friday, October 14, 2011 7:26 PM

Answers

• If you right-click the show desktop button and select peek at desktop it will uncheck it and deactivate the desktop peek behavior.

I would suggest that you also open a trouble incident with the tablet manufacturer as there is a problem if it is that sensitive or picking up a "touch" erroneously.

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:10 AM
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:10 PM

All replies

• The following steps:

1. Right Click on the start button.

2. Select Properties.

3. Click on Taskbar.

4. Under Preview desktop with Aero Peek.

5. Uncheck use Aero Peek to preview the desktop.

Hope it helps!

Thank you! Computer Repair in Kissimmee
    Friday, October 14, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Thanks. I'll give this a try.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 3:20 AM
  • If you right-click the show desktop button and select peek at desktop it will uncheck it and deactivate the desktop peek behavior.

I would suggest that you also open a trouble incident with the tablet manufacturer as there is a problem if it is that sensitive or picking up a "touch" erroneously.

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:10 AM
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:10 PM