ReferredBySupported and MediationServerSvc.exe.config RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems with call forwarding with a SIP trunk.

I strongly suspect the issue would be resolved by http://unitycomms.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/forwarded-calls-dont-contain-the-called-partys-number/ & http://myucthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/lync-forwarded-calls.html

ie I would like the mediation server to send a REFERRED-BY in the SIP invite

However I am struggeling to get this working. If anyone can shed some light on this.

Detail

These articles outline adding some lines to MediationServerSvc.exe.config

However if I add them so that it reads, for example

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
                    <add key="192.168.0.1.ReferredBySupported" value="True" />
        </appSettings>
      <runtime>
        <generatePublisherEvidence enabled=”false”/>
      </runtime>
    </configuration>

The mediation service fails to start with

---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: '"' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 1, position 15. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Mediation Server\MediationServerSvc.exe.config line 1) ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '"' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 1, position 15.

Alistair

Sunday, July 8, 2012 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,Alistair

I also agree it was caused by formatting issue,check the line 1 position 15 in the configure file as the error message showed to see if any signs are in wrong format,you'd better to replace them with standard English keyboard input method.  

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Monday, July 9, 2012 9:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by AlistairK Monday, July 9, 2012 9:59 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 9:33 AM
  • I had this problem.  It was some formatting issue with some of the quotation marks in notepad.  When you open the config file in notepad see if any of the quotes look  'different'.  Just retype them in and you should be good to go.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, July 9, 2012 9:22 AM
    Sunday, July 8, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Hi Alistair,

I think the issue with your file is the quoation marks (") around the version="1.0", in the first line.  Im assuming that you copied and pasted from the blogs, and when i tried with my post it changed the quote marks.

I would just re-edit your file and enter all the quotes in and re-start the mediation server again, and see how you go.

I have updated my post with the correct quote marks that are working in my lab.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Jason

My UC Thoughts

• Marked as answer by AlistairK Monday, July 9, 2012 9:58 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 2:47 PM

All replies

• I had this problem.  It was some formatting issue with some of the quotation marks in notepad.  When you open the config file in notepad see if any of the quotes look  'different'.  Just retype them in and you should be good to go.
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, July 9, 2012 9:22 AM
    Sunday, July 8, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Hi,Alistair

I also agree it was caused by formatting issue,check the line 1 position 15 in the configure file as the error message showed to see if any signs are in wrong format,you'd better to replace them with standard English keyboard input method.  

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Monday, July 9, 2012 9:33 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Hi Alistair,

I think the issue with your file is the quoation marks (") around the version="1.0", in the first line.  Im assuming that you copied and pasted from the blogs, and when i tried with my post it changed the quote marks.

I would just re-edit your file and enter all the quotes in and re-start the mediation server again, and see how you go.

I have updated my post with the correct quote marks that are working in my lab.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Jason

My UC Thoughts

• Marked as answer by AlistairK Monday, July 9, 2012 9:58 PM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 2:47 PM