SDK:Use Proclarity COM Components with Microsoft .NET 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have a question about how is the best way to integrate a component of proclarity (Pproclarityctrl5.dll) in an application  developed with .NET 2005 VB. I have  some errors that I cant control and sometimes it gives a "catastrophicaIl error" have read the "Use Proclarity COM Components with MS .NET" that comes with the help files,  and since I installed the Proclarity desktop hotfix 2214, it gives error trying to use the components because the components are not well registered. Is there a hotfix for SDK components? or I dont have to install this hotfix?

thanks in advance...

Regards,

Byron

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:09 PM

Answers

• As a first step, I would recommend reproducing those issues outside of your application, if you haven't already.  That is, be sure the issues you mention appear in the vanilla ProClarity application and don't appear only in the custom application on which you're working.

If you can reproduce the issues in the standalone ProClarity application, then apply the hot fix and be sure the issues are addressed.

If this all works as expected, then go through the steps of creating and adding the PIAs for your project.  This should insure the 2214 version of the components are used and will likely remove the errors you're seeing.

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:09 PM

All replies

• Can you describe the steps you've taken at this point, and what exactly the errors are you're seeing?  Are you using the provided interop files for ProClarity, as per the SDK's instructions, and then following the steps from the "Use ProClarity COM components with MS .Net" section?

If you create a new project, go through the steps for adding the interop files (as per the section referenced above), and then drop the PProClarityCtrl into the project, does everything work correctly?  If not, what exactly happens?

Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:58 PM
  •  

The steps we are doing are the ones that are described on the documentation of the SDK about PCHDestopClient...

in general are:

1.- Create a PIA for each Proclarity component

2.- Register a PIA for every proclarity component

3.- We have build a project in Visual Studio with VB, and in our toolbar (in VS)it appears (after the previous steps) the proclarity controls, and started to use them embedded into our app.

We have hide the Proclarity professional toolbar (the one that comes on the ProclarityCtrl5 the one that you normally see if you have an standard installation). We invoke only some of the methods (like the setup panel, apply, grid, chart and some others) with code like this...

Example

Case "Back"    ' ButtonTool

Me.AxKProClarity1.GoBack()

Case "Forward"

Me.AxKProClarity1.GoForward()

Case "Reset"

Me.AxKProClarity1.ResetToDefaults(True)

Case "Apply"

AxKProClarity1.PageCtrl.KPCommand.Execute()

Case "Time Line"

Me.AxKProClarity1.TimelineCtrlVisible = True

if you have another paper beside the one that comes with the documentation of the SDK controls please let me know. Best practices and anything , are welcome and appreciated.

---

The error that gives in the visual studio refers that the objects (of Proclarity) are not properly registered, this happen after I have installed  with the 2214hotfix. I installed another develop scenario without the hotfix and everything whent back as it was before.

The reason  I installed this hotfix is  because I have problems like:

- when you right clic on the grid an give "analyze in decomposition tree" it gives a catastrophical error and after clic ok all keep working fine, but the message scares the users.

-On the setup panel, where you select the items you need in a dimension or metric, it does not display the scroll bar to select and sometimes it even does not display the "combine items" icon (it works the bottom but doesnt display the icon, this not always happen )

- export to excel  only works fine on the grid.

Friday, July 11, 2008 12:08 AM
  • As a first step, I would recommend reproducing those issues outside of your application, if you haven't already.  That is, be sure the issues you mention appear in the vanilla ProClarity application and don't appear only in the custom application on which you're working.

If you can reproduce the issues in the standalone ProClarity application, then apply the hot fix and be sure the issues are addressed.

If this all works as expected, then go through the steps of creating and adding the PIAs for your project.  This should insure the 2214 version of the components are used and will likely remove the errors you're seeing.

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:09 PM
  •  

Hi Byron, how are you?

Have you already published some ProClarity view in MS .NET??

We appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:48 PM