none
Print selected area or selected row RRS feed

• Question

• what options do i have to print selected row or area? EX. if i have many projects in my Master schedule and i only need to print one project schedule. Or if i filter my schedule by certain criteria and only need to print out some rows out of all filtered rows.
    Friday, June 15, 2012 3:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think what you are looking for is a Print option that says "print only selected rows". AFAIK, that not in Project.

What you can do is put a Flag field on the view, and check "Yes" the rows you want to print.  Then filter for those rows where flag fields is "Yes", printing then the filtered view.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

• Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:55 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Mimi,

There is a very good KB article relating to the topic here at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/141654 (similar to Rob's logic). I would suggest you take a look at it. 

How is your progress so far ? 

Regards. 

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:32 AM
  • I'm using Marked field to select rows that want to print. However, I know that in Project 2007, it has function under Report menu which I can print selected row to image file. However, I can't find this function under Project 2010. Can anyone tell if this function is still available in 2010?

Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Task | Clipboard | Copy | Copy Picture
    Monday, July 2, 2012 8:12 AM
  • Found it. Thank you.
    Monday, July 2, 2012 1:20 PM
  • 1 - select a text field (say text9) and name it MySum

2 - Identify the tasks you want to select/show and enter a code into MySum - example, S for summary, C for Critical, Q for qualification, T for Test etc - whatever you deem necessary

3 - create a filter titled MySum that asks for the code AND sets summary = no

MySum     equals      "MySum Code?"?

and Summary  equals    no

when you run the filter, only the tasks coded will show

example -- suppose you have 5 subprojects in your master project and you want to see tasks only from project XYZ and only selected tasks from XYZ

code MySum with an appropriate code (say XYZ-S) and run the filter and you will get only those tasks

then you can print or capture as a picture for pasting into a Power Point etc

GMAN1941

Monday, July 2, 2012 5:19 PM