MaxMessageSize for a group of users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I need to allow a group of users (marketing group) to send email outside our organization with a maximin send size of 20 MB.

Our below configuration should only allow all users to send internaly emails of 20 MB and outside the organization emails of 10 MB.

--> My question is: How could I allow the only the marketing group to send emails of 20 MB outside the organization? I need to allow a group not user by user.

HUBCAS:
    Get-TransportConfig
    MaxReceiveSize                 : 20MB
    MaxRecipientEnvelopeLimit      : 5000
    MaxSendSize                    : 20MB

EDGE:
    Get-SendConnector
    MaxMessageSize: 10MB

Many thanks in advance,
    Graig

Friday, June 15, 2012 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi

You cannot set these limits on a group but you can use a powershell command to set this on a list of users if that would help.

Steve

Friday, June 15, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Im sure you will have to adjust the send connector if the message is being sent externally.

Sukh

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:19 PM

All replies

• Hi

You cannot set these limits on a group but you can use a powershell command to set this on a list of users if that would help.

Steve

Friday, June 15, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Im sure you will have to adjust the send connector if the message is being sent externally.

Sukh

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Thanks Steve. Could you please tell me what would be the command to set linits on a list of users?
    Monday, June 18, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Thanks Sukh. Are you saying that If I increase the send connector that would impact all users.What would you reckon?

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:54 AM
  • Yes it would allow everyone to send, you will need to set the limits (restrictions on those users who shouldn't be allowed).

Sukh

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi

You could find your need on below blog Setting Message Size Limits in Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2007

http://exchangepedia.com/2007/09/exchange-server-2007-setting-message-size-limits.html

Cheers

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:18 AM