Azure RMS integration issue with Sharepoint 2013 on-premise: RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

We have a SharePoint 2013 Server,where the company documents are getting protected with the help of ADRMS. Recently we planned to change the IRM settings, in order to integrate with Azure RMS using RMS Connector. Followed the Microsoft docs -steps (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/information-protection/deploy-use/deploy-rms-connector) and configured everything successfully and Documents (libraries) stars to get protected through Azure RMS connector server.

Issue: There is no IRM protection applying to SharePoint libraries Once I restarted the SharePoint IIS or SharePoint Server, Really strange behavior. Any suggestions..

Thanks In Advance.

• Edited by Sulfikar_ Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:05 AM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 11:02 AM

Answers

• Thanks @Andrzej Kazmierczak for the suggestion, but forgot to update.

I had tried RMS analyzer and all during this troubleshooting stage. Also tried re-checking the azure RMS registry requirements, re-install rms connector etc but didn't work.

Following Solution worked for my case:

So once we complete the SharePoint 2013 integration with Azure RMS connector, As we all know there are couple of Registry entries automatically creating in SharePoint Server to access RMS service. but In my case, After the SharePoint server reboot or IIS restart, I found these registries are disappearing automatically. so I took the backup of all these registry entries and restored manually after first re-boot. then the issue got resolved permanently.  

Thank You.

• Edited by Sulfikar_ Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sulfikar_ Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:12 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please describe in details what are the strange behaviors?

Have you deprovisioned / changed SCP for ADRMS?

Please download and try RMS Analyzer https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46437 as it may give you additional clues

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Sunday, February 19, 2017 6:35 PM
  • Thanks @Andrzej Kazmierczak for the suggestion, but forgot to update.

I had tried RMS analyzer and all during this troubleshooting stage. Also tried re-checking the azure RMS registry requirements, re-install rms connector etc but didn't work.

Following Solution worked for my case:

So once we complete the SharePoint 2013 integration with Azure RMS connector, As we all know there are couple of Registry entries automatically creating in SharePoint Server to access RMS service. but In my case, After the SharePoint server reboot or IIS restart, I found these registries are disappearing automatically. so I took the backup of all these registry entries and restored manually after first re-boot. then the issue got resolved permanently.  

Thank You.

• Edited by Sulfikar_ Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sulfikar_ Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:12 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:05 AM