Microsoft Project and Project Online RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello!

I have a customer that has asked me to use Microsoft Project to manage a new large project.  I am debating what to purchase, and I'm looking at Project Online and Project Standard.  Would Project Online work seamlessly with Microsoft Project - are they the same thing?  Is one just a subscription version of the other? 

Thanks!

Sue

Friday, October 23, 2015 7:48 PM

All replies

• Sue --

I believe that Microsoft Project Professional would meet your needs.  I think Project Online would be overkill for a single project, and would require a huge learning curve to get the system set up and ready for you to use.  Microsoft Project Professional is a desktop application.  Project Online is an enterprise project management application, which again, would be overkill for your situation.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 23, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Thank you - I need to learn this quick, too!

Sue

Friday, October 23, 2015 8:12 PM
  • Microsoft Project Online desktop client is a project management program that features automated scheduling, project resource management, and built-in reporting. Project Online desktop client can be used as a standalone application or it can connect to Project Online.
    Friday, April 24, 2020 10:53 AM