Help with Active Directory - Dynamic Security and Distribution Groups RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way in Active Directory to either make a specific users not be a member of a dynamic distribution or security group even though the account meet the requirements for it? Or is there a way to create an OU that the objects inside will be excluded from all dynamic groups?

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 12:50 PM

Answers

• Simply use a Powershell script to populate your groups and use task scheduler for scheduling. In the Powershell script, use your custom filtering criteria to add/remove users.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 11:56 PM
  • Is there a way in Active Directory to either make a specific users not be a member of a dynamic distribution or security group even though the account meet the requirements for it? Or is there a way to create an OU that the objects inside will be excluded from all dynamic groups?

No built-in option for this, you will have to code some scripts to scan the members of these groups against your criteria.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 8:05 AM

All replies