HDD and Windows Experience Index RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am interested in running a dual HDD setup in a new gaming rig that I am currently ordering. I am an A+ technician, but have a question for someone with more Microsoft related IT knowledge than I have:
    I am running an SSD for my primary HDD to boot my games and OS from, I wish to run a secondary sata mechanical drive to operate as a data bank,  a place I can customize my registry to write temporary files, cookies, etc. etc. to as well as a place to have my libraries moved to, this will increase the lifespan of my SSD.
    My question boils down to this, with a SSD that can run a 7.9 index, will a slower slave HD lower the index rating?
    Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:28 PM

Answers

• No, the primary hard disk is used for the windows experience index rating so in this case your SSD.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:23 AM

All replies

• No, the primary hard disk is used for the windows experience index rating so in this case your SSD.

Be kind and Mark as Answer if I helped.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:23 AM
  • Thanks for your help, as I planned on slightly cheaping out on this storage disk but didn't want to cost myself a perfect index score to save 40 dollars short term
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:38 AM