Proclarity Desktop Professional 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am newbie to this tool and have totally no idea what this tool is all about. I would like to know about books available in the markets for the same and the pre-requisistes (like does it require SSAS)?

It would be great if someone could let me know the starting point to learn this tool.

Regards,

Gayatri.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Gayatri,

Here is a link to the Microsoft ProClarity site: http://www.microsoft.com/bi/products/proclarity/proclarity-training.aspx which should give you all the information that you need about our product.  If you have any questions after reviewing the site content, please let us know.

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:18 PM
  •  

Thanks Bob.

One more question - Tool ProClarity Analytic Desktop  serves the purpose of ProClarity Desktop Professional? As in is it ok if I install ProClarity Analytic Desktop instead of ProClarity Desktop Professional?

Regards,

Gayatri.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:47 AM
  • I suspect that they are one and the same Gayatri.  Perhaps I am using an outdated term to refer to the client!

Thanks,

Bob

Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Bob,

I am also a newbie to ProClarity. We have an installation of ProClairty 6.3 AS with SQL 2005 on the same Server. We have one Desktop Professional installed and two alternate SQL 2005 Servers running our production data. Is there any documentaton (other than what is out there) on step one: getting your data into ProClarity? It seems to be the next step in our evaluation, but I don't see anything on it. We can connect to the production SQL DB's through the PAS Server and through the Client, but "how" do we get our data into PAS? I think I am missing a simple, but overlooked step. Here is our setup: We have two distinct business units with financial data on two SQL Servers, both running SQL 2005 SP2. PAS is also on SQL 2005 SP2, but the ProClarity_PAS database is abolutely empty. I have seen the training videos andthe whitepapers, but nothing seems to identify getting the data "into" PAS. What am I missing?

John

Saturday, November 22, 2008 12:44 AM
  • Hi John,

ProClarity only connects to SQL Analysis Services cubes.  The PAS (ProClarity Analytics Server) database is the repository for what we call "views", which are built in the Professional client and subsequently published to the PAS, stored as xml and MDX (the query langauge that ProClarity Professional creates based on your Analysis Services cube).  It sounds as if your next step will be to build some cubes!

Hope this helps,

Bob

Monday, November 24, 2008 7:33 PM