none
O365 and Access Runtime 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We have o365 and access 2013. we want to uninstall access 2013 nd install latest o365 and access runtime.

the package is created but when deployed to machines, the pop up is not coming for user which informs to close open office files to continue instillation. if we install the package manually the pop comes up.

i changed User experience option as "Normal" and "Allow users to interact" from "Hiddne" but still the pop up doesnt show up. if you go to software center and hit "retry" then the pop up appears. how can i fix this?

is there anyway to silent install the complete o365 and access runtime package?

Monday, June 15, 2020 8:04 AM

All replies

• This is a question for an Office forum as the deployment method is irrelevant and the behavior is 100% defined by Office and the Office installer.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Monday, June 15, 2020 1:48 PM
  • Use the PowerShell App deployment toolkit and get it to close any applications that you want the user to close.

Richard Knight | Collection Refresh Manager | Automate detection rules for patch \ msp files | Twitter

Monday, June 15, 2020 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Jason. ConfigMgr has nothing to do with that. So my suggestion is to try to submit your question in the office forum to get advice and help from the office experts. 

Office Forum

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the above reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 19, 2020 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in TechNet. Since you have not feedback any progress for a long time, Please allow me to write a short summary for this thread, because we believe this will make the thread clearer and more friendly for other people who have similar problems.

Problem/Requirement:
    ===================
    is there anyway to silent install the complete o365 and access runtime package?

Solution:
    ===================
    So far, the solutions we have provided are:
    1. This is a question for an Office forum as the deployment method is irrelevant and the behavior is 100% defined by Office and the Office installer. (provided by Jason)
    2. Use the PowerShell App deployment toolkit and get it to close any applications that you want the user to close. (provided by Richard)

Is it convenient for you to share the latest troubleshooting situation? Do you have a chance to try the solutions mentioned above?
    Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Best regards,
    Larry

Friday, July 17, 2020 3:36 AM