ShoreTel.exe Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I work for a company that provides ShoreTel phone services to our customers. I have two users from one client who's ShoreTel Communicator application keeps crashing. I am limited to what I can do with diagnostics but I was able to work with their IT to get a full Revo uninstall (program, associated registry and appdata folders) with a then clean install of the program. After a week, the crashing began to re-occur.

I enabled the application crash dumps and was able to capture one fairly quickly, as the event viewer was only telling me basic info: the offending module and file path are both ShoreTel.exe. Would someone please analyze this and cue me into the compatibility issue?

Many thanks,

..ST-Guy

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=38C6B865205634CB!107&authkey=!AJdpDOTSyf3U4oA&ithint=file%2czip 

EDIT: Thank you, all, for the analysis. We already did a full removal and reinstall of the program and the crash re-occurred. I will definitely bring the crash dump along with your breakdowns of the invalid argument to ShoreTel support. Hopefully they will address this issue in the next patch. 

Thanks again!

• Edited by ST-Guy Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:08 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 10:20 PM

Answers

• Hello ST-Guy.

According to the dump file, it looks like invalid arguments were passed in the program's code during its execution. You could try reinstalling the program and see if the error raises again.
    I also suggest you to contact the program's manufacturer (https://support.shoretel.com/) and ask for support.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by ST-Guy Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:08 PM
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hello ST-Guy.

According to the dump file, it looks like invalid arguments were passed in the program's code during its execution. You could try reinstalling the program and see if the error raises again.
    I also suggest you to contact the program's manufacturer (https://support.shoretel.com/) and ask for support.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

• Edited by Luigi BrunoMVP Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by ST-Guy Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:08 PM
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:51 PM
  • ShoreTel.exe is a part of  ShoreTel Communicator

Uninstall and reinstall ShoreTel Communicator.

For further help and assistance contact:

ShoreTel | Support

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:36 PM
  • Hi ST-Guy,

According the dump file, I find the error

EXCEPTION_CODE: (HRESULT) 0x80000003 (2147483651) - One or more arguments are invalid”.

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x80000003 - {EXCEPTION}  Breakpoint  A breakpoint has been reached.

The error message indicates invalid arguments. As already suggested above, we could try reinstalling the program and render to a new track to install. If issue insist, please contact Sony TechNical Support for further assistance.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 30, 2016 12:40 PM