none
Create new Deployment Client share face new a problem....[[help]] RRS feed

• Question

• dear all,

I was doing well in deployment share environment.

I create new deployment Client environment...

But when i try to deploy the window there was error as:

Failure ( 5441) 1: FindFile:imagex.exe

failed to rune the action install Operating System

Friday, May 31, 2013 5:42 AM

Answers

• Correct.  When you click on the "Linked001" object, you should get a "Replicate Content" option in the Action pane on the right.  Or just right-click it and select same and let it run.  Then validate on the Linked Deployment Share (what you are calling Deployment Client) to validate components got copied over correctly per your Selection Profile.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

• Marked as answer by RedSoldier-sg Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:53 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Do you have the file under %DeployRoot%\Tools\x64 (or x86)?  It should be there automatically.  Do you have WAIK or ADK installed on the server the new environment is on?

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, u hint me that i not copy over the %DeployRoot%\Tools\x64 (or x86) Imagex.exe from my deployment share.
    Now i was able install the window...

But, my WinPE platform looks differnt on my Deployment share...

Here are my deployment Client looks..
    MY Deployment share$ install window 7 was in window platform....

Monday, June 3, 2013 2:59 AM
  • I'll be honest, I'm a little confused.  I'm not sure why you are manually copying core files out of your deployment share (and to where).  If you are dealing with two different deployment shares, they may look differently depending on if you've installed WAIK (WinPE3) or ADK (WinPE4).

Monday, June 3, 2013 10:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,
    My server D drive have DeploymentShare folder (MY Test Environment)

Now i create new DeploymentClient (Production Environment) for Helpdesk to deploy Window 7 IMAGE.
    Below was the list I copy from Deploymenshare;

1. General Application.
    2. Import the Custom Window 7x86 OS.
    3. Out-of Box Drivers (Win7x86,64, WinPEx86,x64)
    4.Task Sequence – Deploy Custom Window 7x86
    5. Advance Configuration – Selection Profile ( Window 7 x86 Drivers, WinPE x64, 84 Drivers and Package)
    6. %DeployRoot%\Tools\x64 and x86 (USMT4 and Imagex.exe)
    7. %DeployRoot%\Boot LiteTouchPE_x64 and x86 .iso,wim,xml files.

Modify bootstrap.ini as
    [Default]
    DeployRoot=\\SG1-VMWDS01\DeploymentClient$

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WAIK should be there,right?
    As this same server...

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 1:03 AM
  • Well, WAIK or ADK needs to be installed wherever you install the MDT Workbench itself.  If you aren't going to install the workbench on that server and only have a deployment share there, you don't need WAIK or ADK on it.

You shouldn't have needed to do #6 (copy Tools) as that should have happened automatically when you created the DeploymentShare.  Did you create the new "Client" DeploymentShare just by copying the files over, or did you use the "New Deployment Share" from your Workbench?  Also, the files in #7 (boot files) needs to be re-generated and can't just be copied over.  With your "Client" DeploymentShare open in the Workbench, do the "Update Deployment Share" and it will create the Boot files (using WAIK or ADK from the machine you are running the Workbench on) specific for that DeploymentShare and it's options and config files.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:33 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the information.

I want to use LinKed Deployment Shares to linked with my Deployment Share with Deployment Client.
    How can i do it?

As i want all the setting at Deployment Share replicate to Deployment Client.

I had create New Deployment Share and set as Client Deployment Share.
    In Advanced Configuration>> Linked Deployment Shares.>> New Linked Deployment Share.

I configured the UNC path with DeploymentShare...and try to replicated..

But looks nothing being replicated...

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:25 AM
  • To confirm my understanding, you have a "Server" Deployment Share and a new "Client" Deployment Share. From the "Server" share, you created a New Linked Deployment Share and pointed to the "Client" UNC path that you had just created from the Workbench as a new Deployment Share (not a manual copying of files). During the "New Linked Deployment Share" Wizard, did you select Merge or Replace for the content? In either case, after it's been linked, you need to right click on the "Linked Share" you just created, and in the Action pane select "Replicate Content" and it will copy things over based on your Merge / Replace rule. Then look in the "Client" Deployment Share and validate that content was copied over.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:42 PM
    Answerer
  • Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:16 AM
  • This how my workbench looks...

I at the Deployment Share> Advanced Configuration> Selection Profile.
    Create new profile and select which i need.

Linked Deployment Share>
    Create new linked deployment share > Root path set to my Deployment Client .
    And profile select which i want to replicate over.

So now, i will Right click the Linked001 to replicated the setting to my Deployment Client?

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:19 AM
  • Correct.  When you click on the "Linked001" object, you should get a "Replicate Content" option in the Action pane on the right.  Or just right-click it and select same and let it run.  Then validate on the Linked Deployment Share (what you are calling Deployment Client) to validate components got copied over correctly per your Selection Profile.

• Marked as answer by RedSoldier-sg Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:53 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for your patience.

I was updateing boot image and drivers now...

Cheers!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:36 AM
  • Just share to all,
    Need manually copy CS.ini from deploymentshare to deploymentClient ~ ~
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:56 AM