MOF 4.0 questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm a beginner in MOF 4.0. Can anyone help me to answer the following questions below:

My objective is to develop a Service Continuity Plan based in compliance with MOF. "Basically a build/implantation guide (Server 2008R2, Exchange server 2010 etc...) document" My questions are:

• What would be the proper approach in creating the document and making it sure it is in compliance with MOF?
    • What would be the following criteria should the document be build based on MOF?(Is there any available document template I can use?) Perhaps you can share sites where I can look for samples build guide document that is compliance with MOF. :)
    • How could I know if my document is not aligned with MOF?

Your response will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Allan

Saturday, March 2, 2013 8:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Allan,

The first step is take a look at this guides:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=732

You will have a loot of tips and suggestions.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br
    Monday, March 4, 2013 10:51 AM
  • Thanks Cleber!

The customer needs a step-by-step guide of the actual deployment of the stated solutions above and screenshots must be included in the document. I'm ok with the step-by-step guide of each, but aligning it to MOF is my problem. Not sure on how to create it with that kind of requirements. Based on what I understand, should I start on creating the document by the following order:

• Planning(objectives, HW/SW requirements, scope, out of scope, approach)
    • Deliver (proposed architectural design, step-by-step implementation with screenshot per steps, test plan)
    • Operate (best practices, DR plan guide step-by-step guide)
    • Manage layer(Governance of the solutions, risk, compliance to the business needs)

Please advise,

Thanks!

Allan

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:17 AM
  • I’m changing the status for this post as answered, if you need any help about MOF please open a new thread. J

Hope that helps

Regards,

Cleber Marques

MOF Brazil Project: Simplifying IT Service Management
    MOF.com.br | CleberMarques.com | CanalSystemCenter.com.br

Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:28 AM