problems with mscorsvw.exe high cpu for ages RRS feed

• Question

• this appears to be the closest forum for help on this, but if not apologies and help to repost would be appreciated.

running visual studio c# 2010 express and sqlce ( trying to write a program). About a week ago noticed mscorsvw chewing the processor (consuming several hours worth of processor time). It doesn't seem to want to finish! I tried running "ngen.exe display" command in a command prompt and got screens and screens - after about a minute I got bored (very low threshold) and entered ctrl C to interrupt.

running windows 7.

ngen queue status returns:

Service name is: clr-optimisation-v4.0.30319_32

The .NET Runtime Optimisation Service is running

after an unexpected restart of computer cpu usage for this process is now 01:58:17.

I know this runs at a low priority, but it (or something else) is making my laptop run slowly, any help appreciated

angus

additional info:

process eventually finished (at least task manager no longer shows it), but a new instance has appeared. ngen display show screen after screen of info. I then input ngen executeQueuedItems and is now chuntering away again

• Moved by Bob Beauchemin Friday, October 15, 2010 4:04 PM Moved to a more relevent forum (From:.NET Framework inside SQL Server)
    Friday, October 15, 2010 11:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Maybe this?- http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/clr/thread/7eed95ab-5562-4c48-a81d-7792566da539/
    Visit my SQL Compact blog - http://erikej.blogspot.com - Please mark as answer, if this was it.
    • Marked as answer by angusweir Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:16 PM
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:46 AM
  • Don't think this is the problem, but can't be sure. The problem has now gone after goodness knows how many hours of processing and two weeks plus of interference. I'll mark thread as answered, but I didn't notice any network activities. When I rerun ngen executequeueditems it tells me everything is completed.
    angus
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:15 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. The answer that was given doesn't solve this, as mscorsvw is not trying to connect anywhere.
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:23 PM