none
Deployment Failing when "Update post application" is enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I keep receiving this error during imaging when I have the option enable to do windows updates post applications installed. This has always worked in the past but now it has stopped working. Any thoughts??

Friday, March 7, 2014 8:54 PM

All replies

• Hello! I keep receiving this error during imaging when I have the option enable to do windows updates post applications installed. This has always worked in the past but now it has stopped working. Any thoughts??

What do you have in your LocalGPOPAck? And do you have logs uploaded somewhere? Are you deploying Win 7/8.1?

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Friday, March 7, 2014 10:14 PM
  • It's windows 7. And I'm not really doing anything GPO related for the image. I left that on by default in the task sequence. 
    Friday, March 7, 2014 11:47 PM
  • can you disable the "Apply Local GPO Package" step in your task sequence
    Sunday, March 9, 2014 4:50 AM
  • No good on that. If I disable the Windows Update post application things works fine. I even tried to download the updates with WSUS offline updater and adding a package but still no luck there. Are you familiar with the BDD.log? Maybe we can get a better idea of the issue form there?
    Monday, March 10, 2014 12:10 AM
  • do you have he WSUSServer property is set in the CustomSettings.ini? can you check the windowsupdate.log or the SMSTS.log?

Thanks and good luck!

Monday, March 10, 2014 12:25 AM