none
Project Progress Bar showing wrong comparied to actual Project progress RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using instance of Project Server 2010. The

The progress of projects in project center and individual project is not matching.

In Project Professional the progress is showing till Feb 2012 after all actual is updated and published, But if same project is viewed in Project center shows actual progress till may 2012 which is wrong. We check throughly check entire MPP file for all the tasks for any updates later than february, there is nothing actual updated.

We opened the file in mpp and republished, but still the same issue.

We also saved as different file and published back with different project name, still the same issue.

What could be in issue, Thank you

Mahesh

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Inmaram,

From which field in Project Center do you conclude that there are actuals till may?
    Sound as if you are coping with corruption... use the query below on the reporting DB to check what is stored in the database!

Regards
    Wim

PS: With this query you can check for actuals in the future... replace the GetDate() function by a  specific date if needed

Select P.ProjectName,T.TaskName,R.ResourceName,ABD.TimeByDay, A.AssignmentActualWork
    From dbo.MSP_EpmProject_UserView P
    Inner join dbo.MSP_EpmTask_UserView T				on T.ProjectUID = P.ProjectUID
    inner join dbo.MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView A			on A.TaskUID = T.TaskUID
    inner join dbo.MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay_UserView ABD	on ABD.AssignmentUID = A.AssignmentUID
    inner join dbo.MSP_EpmResource_UserView R			on R.ResourceUID = A.ResourceUID
    Where ABD.TimeByDay > GETDATE()
    Order by 3

Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:09 PM
  • Hi Wim,

I explored what is the issue.

The Progress bar in PWA project center is calculated based on "% complete" but in MSP by default the Tracking Gantt Chart "Summary Progress"

Now my query how to change in PWA Progress bar based in "Summary Progress" as per shown in MSP

Please screen shot of the changes done for reference

Regards

Mahesh,

Before formating Bar styles in MSPHi

After Formating Bar Styles in MSP

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:41 AM