How to make a drawing follow the colour theme? RRS feed

• Question

• Making a corporate word template,
    The front-page is a very simple drawing made in "Illustrator"
    I would be nice if that drawing would follow the colour themes in the word template.
    How do I do that?
    This is more a "Illustrator"-question maybe.

More info: The goal is to have only one corporate template, where the user can choose between 6 different colourthemes where the FrontPage has a two colour drawing based on the colourtheme.

I see a solution to redraw in Word, but I am not sure I can do that ( the drawing is nit THAT simple)

• Edited by Katarinahh Monday, May 26, 2014 11:42 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try this:

Open that template, then go to Design tab -> Themes -> Select a theme, check if the theme is applied to the drawing.

(Since I don't have the "Illustrator", I'm sorry I can't do the test for you.)

If the theme can't be applied to the drawing, this thread should be discontinued here, which means we can't make it follow the theme colors.

If the theme is applied to the drawing, please note, the themes are not stored in the template itself. If you have a custom theme, it's stored in a .thmx file, and the location should be:

C:\Users\v-yadche\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes(Office 2013, Windows 8.1)

If other users don't have that custom .thmx file, they will need to have a copy of it, or make a custom theme by themselves.

If I misunderstood anything, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:45 AM