Migration from skype server 2015 of AD1 to skype server 2019 od AD2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I have two domains from different active directories

In the first one I have implemented Skype for Business server 2015 standard and I want to pass its users to a skype for business server 2019 of the other domain that belongs to a different active directory.

What are the steps for follow?

Could you give me the detail of what will have to be done?

Warm regards MeVs

Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi MeVs,

You can use Active Directory Migration Tool to migrate objects. The download link is: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56570.

The supported operating systems are Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.

ADMT doesn’t come with any built-in test options. Develop a test plan and make sure you test each object during and after the migration process.

There is a comprehensive guide for your reference: http://techgenix.com/active-directory-migration-tool/

For more detailed information about how to performing migration of domains using the ADMT tool, you can also read the guidance: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19188.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 10:34 AM
  • HiSharon Zhao,

Does "Active Directory Migration Tool " support Windows 2019 Server?

Warm regards MeVs

Sunday, February 9, 2020 12:00 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

It supports Windows Server 2019. You can read this official document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/help/4089459. It clarifies this.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 8:45 AM
  • Hi Sharon What about the external contact from Skype for business server 2015 from one domain database, are they move when I use ADMT to the Skype for business server 2019 in the other domain? Both domains are from different forests

Warm regards MeVs

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 11:33 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Do you mean the external contacts are from another domain different from Skype for Business server 2015 domain? In other words, do these external contacts come from a federated domain?

If they are, these contacts will not be moved by ADMT.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, February 13, 2020 6:41 AM
  • I’m my last post I made a confusion Sharon, sorry for that! I exactly refered to the external contact that someone can add in his user list. Could you tell me what can I do in those scenarios? Because it seems to be a side by side migration , so it’s probably than I have to export this contacts manually and import in the target domain in the other forest

Warm regards MeVs

Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:20 PM
  • Hi MeVs,

You’re right. If you just want to migrate the Active Directory, the contacts can’t be sync. ADMT can move Active Directory objects, such as computers, users and groups.

If you want to use the original databases, including the users’ contacts, it is better to migrate Skype for Business server 2015 to 2019. As a supplement, you can learn more about migration to Skype for Business server 2019 in the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SkypeForBusiness/migration/migration-to-skype-for-business-server-2019.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, February 14, 2020 7:56 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 9:42 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

I don't hear from you for a long time. If you have any update, please feel free to drop us a note.

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, February 24, 2020 8:04 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

I don't hear from you for a long time. If you have any update, please feel free to drop us a note.

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Hi Sharon,

I was working with tons of things to end.  For now, I wll close this post.  I have to finish to apply all we've got here

Thank you

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:35 AM