Project Online - Active Directory Sync RRS feed

• Question

• I am being asked to find a way to have both the AD User and AD Group sync time adjusted so that it can be sync'd more often. They are asking for the ability to sync at least every hour but would like the ability to schedule it for every 10-15 mins. Doing a Search, all I can find is for PWA On-Prem for 2013 which calls for going to the Monitoring selection in the Central Administration and adjust the schedule for the Synchronization Job. However Sharepoint online doesn't have a Central Administration, and I can't find any monitoring selection, nor any Scheduled task section to look for the Job. Is it possible to adjust the scheduled Job for Synchronization with Sharepoint and Project online?
    Monday, October 30, 2017 10:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

These are jobs that run once a day and the schedule can't be changed. Syncing every hour is a bit extreme, how often is your AD changing? All you could do is run it manually every hour from PWA.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by PWMatherMVP Friday, December 15, 2017 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 9:22 AM
  • I thought I was the only person doing this frequent manual sync.  I sync mine every two hrs.  Quick question, is there a reason why the schedule can't be changed to more than 1 time?   Mine, I have to sync every 2 hrs. to accommodate my team.  If not they can't assign resource quick enough.  

NLuu

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 5:23 PM