Remove "per user" data for a single application RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that is made up of a dozen executables.  Long story short, I needed to add a registry exclusion for my users to make this application work.  However, anyone that experienced the problem before I updated the servers with the exclusion now has a reference to the registry key in their stored settings.

Is there a way to remove just this key?  

If not, what is the best way to allow an end user to remove the per-user data for a single application?  I thought about writing a script that just removed the App-V folder for that user, but I had troubles finding the exact folder to remove in the users App-V user store.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:16 PM

Answers

• Use the SFTMIME command in the user's context: SFTMIME CLEAR APP:application

Or look at App-V Client Diagnostic and Configuration tool (ACDC) for a self-service way of clearing application settings.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Joe.Robinson Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:15 PM

All replies

• Use the SFTMIME command in the user's context: SFTMIME CLEAR APP:application

Or look at App-V Client Diagnostic and Configuration tool (ACDC) for a self-service way of clearing application settings.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Joe.Robinson Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:38 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:15 PM
  • Not sure why I didn't think of that...

I wrapped the command around a vbscript and it seems to work well.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 6:01 PM