Outook online - public folders RRS feed

• Question

• I've had a user come and ask how they open public folder calendars in the latest version of Outlook online. This ought to be simple (far too basic to ask on here!), but I just cannot work out how to do it - in the old version it was simply a case of right-click folders and 'add public folder to favourites'.  In the new one, in the calendar section, right-clicking the 'calendars' heading or any of its subheadings, brings up a meu including 'Add public folder to favourites' but it's greyed out.

Is this an admin setting I need to change somewhere?

Thanks

David

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

Thanks for clarifying. I checked the OWA of my Office 365 and noticed that we can switch the new or old version of Outlook via the upper right of the window:

Please check it in your side and see if it can be helpful. Then as you are using Office 365 account, if you still need assistance on this question, it is suggested to post a new thread to the dedicated Exchange Online forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by DavidYorkshire Monday, February 11, 2019 9:51 AM
    Friday, February 8, 2019 3:06 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

Thanks for visiting our forum. Then sorry but here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client on Windows or Mac. By "Outlook online", do you mean OWA for the exchange account? If this is the case, could you please provide the version information of your Exchange server so that we can help check which forum is more appropriate for your question.

Besides, I found the following blogs about adding Public folder in OWA, please have a look and see if they can be helpful:

New Public Folder Picker for OWA
    Accessing public folder favorites

Feel free to post back if there is anything else I can help regarding this issue.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 5:19 AM
  • Thanks. Sorry, I wasn't clear - it's Office 365 and its new interface - the links you provide relate to the old one (and work fine in that), but in the new one the 'Add public folder to Favourites' option is greyed out. It's sitll possible to add them in the destkop client (we are currently using Outlook 2013), but a number of our users are not office-based and only access their email calendars, etc, through the Office 365 web portal.

I realise that here probably wasn't the best place to ask, but the help pages on Office 365 are useless, and everything I could find online relates to the older version fo the Office 365 interface.

David

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for clarifying. I checked the OWA of my Office 365 and noticed that we can switch the new or old version of Outlook via the upper right of the window:

Please check it in your side and see if it can be helpful. Then as you are using Office 365 account, if you still need assistance on this question, it is suggested to post a new thread to the dedicated Exchange Online forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

• Marked as answer by DavidYorkshire Monday, February 11, 2019 9:51 AM
    Friday, February 8, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Thanks - I have posted the question on there.

David

Friday, February 8, 2019 9:00 AM
  • Thanks - I have posted the question on there.

David

You're welcome :) By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer to close this thread so that others who might encounter a similar issue can benefit from our discussion here? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, February 11, 2019 9:28 AM