none
Windows 10, IE 11 hang RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

from time to time my workmate can't surf to external sites. No ErroMessage.

If we uncheck Protected Modus it work's fine?

Chris

Friday, March 11, 2016 10:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Enhanced protected mode forces the browser to use (by default) 64 bit processes in (new) windows and tabs. You must close all open IE windows/tabs and restart IE for the full changes to take affect if you change the Enhanced Protected Mode settings.

It is likely that one of your browser addons (toolbar or browser helper objects or ActiveX (Flash?)) is the root cause and that you only have a 32bit version of that addon installed and/or enabled.

The first step in trouble shooting web browser issues is to test in no Addons mode...
    Start>Run>iexplore.exe -extoff [url] (ActiveX controls still run in noAddons mode... only toolbar and BHO addons are disabled).

Tools>Manage Addons>Show All addons....... examine the list for any Toolbar or Browser Helper Addons and note if any or all have both a 32bit and 64bit version and that both are enabled (but not necessarily enabled).

By default Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet zone, but disabled for the Intranet zone (since most ActiveX controls on intranet domains are only built for 32bit cpu's). On domain networks you should leave the EPM settings at their defaults and continue to allow only 64bit processes and addons and plugins for internet sites.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, March 13, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Hi Rob,

thanks for your answer,

we don't find a solution.

Maybe the symantec has Problem with 64bit because STATUS say incompatible ? If yes, you mean we should disable protected mode? right

on my PC run Windows 10 other build but I have no Problem with enabled protected mode? I have full right on my pc etc.

Chris

• Edited by -- Chris -- Monday, March 14, 2016 10:33 AM
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 3:45 PM
  • Under Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 we set RestrictedSites with Regfile HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settingsxxxx\ZoneMap\Domains

today we remove this sites und set it with GPO. Now it works fine

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj891001.aspx

Chris

• Marked as answer by -- Chris -- Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Hi chris_2012,

Thanks for sharing the solution. It is very beneficial for other community members who have similar issue.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:24 PM