Word Doc for SOP Invoice will not print data in header RRS feed

• Question

• I have posted this question on the Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains forum and was directed to this forum. 

I have created a word template for the SOP Blank Invoice.  The customer wants document header information to print at the top of the second and any subsequent pages.

In report writer I have put these header fields in the Report header and Page header, saved the XML file and removed the source, and re-added the source.  I have then tried dragging the fields from the report header, save the template, copy the template back to GP, and then tried it with the page header and saved and copied back the template.  I continue to get XXXXXX in the data fields.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

An additional bit of information. I have these same fields on the 1st page of the document - not in the header area, and they print fine.  On the first page below the totals table, I hit the enter key until the document went to a second page.  In the header of the second page, I placed the above table with the invoice #, PO #, etc.  I then went back to the first page and deleted all the blank rows until the template went back to 1 page.  Then saved the template back into GP.

The info will print fine on the first page in the body, will not print on the second page in the header area.

The customer wants the Invoice Number, PO number, Membership Level, etc to print at the top of the second and any subsequent pages.  If there is another way to do this other than placing it in the headerI am open to recommendations.

Thank you!

Rochelle

Rochelle Mausteller

Opened a support incident with Microsoft and they were able to resolve it.
    • Edited by Rochelle M Monday, December 10, 2012 3:29 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 1:54 PM