none
Manage Shared Mailbox Permission using MIM Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

We have a requirement where MIM portal should provide the interface where users can updated the permissions(Full Access,Send As, Send on Behalf of) on shared mailboxes. Shared Mailboxes are only on Exchange Online and not on-premise.

Any Thoughts/Suggestions?

Thanks,

Veena

Saturday, May 6, 2017 4:46 PM

All replies

• Making Remote PowerShell connections in a workflow is very expensive. We use a custom PowerShell ECMA to do this.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Saturday, May 6, 2017 7:11 PM
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah we need to make use of PowerShell MA but that  is the 2nd part. How do we provide the UI interface to the users in Portal to manage permissions? I am basically looking for a design to achieve this?

May be create a new object class in portal named "SharedMailbox" and then in the RCDC provide users with 3 attributes say for ex. Send As, Send On Behalf of and Full Access where in they can select the appropriate users.These values then flow to MV and then PowerShell MA comes into picture? I am new to PowerShell MA and need some ideas on how to get this working.

or

Can this be handled in User RCDC form by any chance?

Thanks, 

Veena

Sunday, May 7, 2017 4:59 AM
  • MIM Experts, any suggestions/thoughts?

Veena

Monday, May 8, 2017 4:25 PM
  • You could do it from the User RCDC or you could create custom object types for shared mailboxes. Without knowing your requirements it's hard to say what is the appropriate option. There's a lot more to planning this than I think you're going to be able to work out in a single forum post.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Monday, May 8, 2017 4:26 PM