Crop and Center My Video in Meetings Missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Skype for Busines 2016 client version 16.0.4717.1000 in a Citrix Xendesktop infrastructure with HDX, but when I look at my video options I do not have the Crop and Center My Video in Meetings Missing. I can do this with the web client. We also have a hybrid enviroment and my user account is homed online with organiser/presenter capabilities. I have aslo tested HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync CropOutgoingVideo, setting the value to 0 and then closing the SfB client and then opening it, but it hasn't helped.

Looks like it should be possible.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-IT-Pro/Camera-feed-not-displaying-in-wide-...

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:01 PM

Answers

• Citrix have confirmed that RTOP is cropping the image and will be providing a fix hopefully in either version 2.7 or 2.8 of RTOP, so hopefully some time next year.
    • Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Blue_Craig ,

When you open the Options -> Video Device in SFB client , if you will get the message ”We didn’t detect a camera”?

Do you used the “Citrix Xendesktop infrastructure” like VDI? If so, do you could  install the “Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack

Do you enable the Windows Media Redirection?

HDX RealTime Webcam Video Compression uses the same underlying technology as Windows Media Redirection.

You should Enable Windows Media Redirection to HDX RealTime Webcam Video Compression to be functional. If Windows Media Redirection is disabled, HDX RealTime Webcam Video Compression will not work.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:48 AM
  • The webcam is found fine and HDX is working fine. I have logged onto a workstation and the Crop and Center my video in meetings is there. Is it because it is a limitation that is not able to show the crop option because it is using HDX?
    Sunday, September 2, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi Blue_Craig,

I suggest you to connect Citrix, if they have limitation for this function.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 3, 2018 8:48 AM
  • I have logged a case today. I will report back with my findings with Citrix to share with the community
    Monday, September 3, 2018 7:50 PM
  • OK, waiting for your update.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Friday, September 14, 2018 2:24 AM
  • I have worked with Citrix, but they are still looking into this issue.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:27 PM
  • Citrix have confirmed that RTOP is cropping the image and will be providing a fix hopefully in either version 2.7 or 2.8 of RTOP, so hopefully some time next year.
    • Marked as answer by Blue_man2 Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 12:27 PM