none
Error when searching

    Question

  • Hi, 

    I am hoping someone has run into this problem and has a resolution. I have a client that switched from Office 2007 to Office 2016 and use Outlook quite extensively. They ran into the file limit and the machine started to spit put this error below once it got to the limit.

     
    I followed through and recreated the file in Outlook 2016 and lifting the limits worked fine but this error persists. The search still works [slower] but the error kept coming. I figured that I might as well uninstall Office 2016 and used RevoUninstaller and cleaned out all the registry settings and files and start from scratch and import the outlook.pst file. After setting up and creating new mail account and a new pst file I updated Office 2016 and then imported the pst file.  This message keep coming up.

    Has anyone seen this or is there a solution out there?  


    Thanks & Best Regards, Ricardo

    Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:17 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    What type of email account are you using? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

    Please first check whether you have Outlook included in indexing scope. To do this, exit Outlook, go to Control Panel > Indexing Options, click Modify button and make sure that the checkbox before "Microsoft Outlook" is ticked.

    If above doesn't help, please also check whether you have Windows Search service running. To verify this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type services.msc and press Enter. Find the Windows Search service, make sure the status is 'Running'. We may also try to restart the service and then see the result.

    Regards,

    Steve Fan


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Friday, April 28, 2017 12:09 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Steve, 

    The Client is using POP3 account.

    I went into system and the Indexing includes Microsoft Outlook and the service is running and I shut it down and restarted and the error persists. 

    It was working before the increase in file size - that is ithe only thing I can think of that changed. 



    Thanks & Best Regards, Ricardo

    Friday, April 28, 2017 2:42 PM