none
Lync 2013 maximum limit for paticipant and bandwidth RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I understand that we could use the cmdlet "Set-CsConferencingPolicy -MaxMeetingSize" to limit the number of meeting paticipant , can we limit the traffic size of desktop sharing by using any paticulaer command? I read the below link and it looks like that.

https://blogs.perficient.com/2015/10/01/controlling-skype4b-application-sharing-bandwidth/

Thanks.

Regards,

Yong

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, the setting -AppSharingBitRateKb from Set-CsConferencingPolicy can be used to define the maximum kilobits that allowed for application sharing. Admin could use this parameter to control the bandwidth used by each application and desktop sharing session.

I also found an article here describing how to enable the frame rate restriction for desktop sharing in a meeting.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 28, 2019 10:11 AM