none
How to add "Multiple lines of text" field into the Views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created two fields in Project level Text under Enterprise Custom Field

1) AAA_Test_Single - "Single line of Text"

2) AAA_Test_Multiple - "<label for="idMultiLineCustomAttributesRadio" id="idMultiLineCustomAttributesRadioLbl">Multiple lines of text"</label>

<label for="idMultiLineCustomAttributesRadio" id="idMultiLineCustomAttributesRadioLbl">and when I tried to add the field in the PWA "Project Center" existing view(Ex: Summary), I don't find the field name "AAA_Test_Multiple, only I can view the field "</label>AAA_Test_Single" in the Available Fields under "Tables and Fields".

And while creating the custom field, below is the description given for the Custom Attributes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Attributes

Choose whether the field has single line of text, multiple lines of text, a lookup table, or a calculated formula. Fields with multiple lines of text will not be available in the Project client.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there is any way to show the "Multiple lines of Text" in the Project View. Thank you.

-SNKBalaji

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 6:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No you can't add a multiline project custom field in the project center views, neither you can see it in Project Pro.

A workaround would be to use the "notes" field which can be added to the project center views.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by SNKBALAJI Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No you can't add a multiline project custom field in the project center views, neither you can see it in Project Pro.

A workaround would be to use the "notes" field which can be added to the project center views.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by SNKBALAJI Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:03 AM
  • Thank you Guillaume.

-SNKBalaji

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:11 AM
  • We had a vendor create our PWA site for us, and they somehow added 2 ECF that are "Multiple Lines of Text".  But I can not figure out how they did it, nor duplicate it.  Is there some sort of code or migration process perhaps that would have done it?
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:18 PM
  • I may have answered my own question. If anyone else runs in to this prloblem, try this as I believe it worked for me:

1. Create the Project ECF as "Single Line of Text" first
    2. Add the ECF to your Project Center view
    3. Change the ECF to "Multiple Lines of Text"

For me, this worked and it now stays in the view as desired, but is also editable as multiple lines of text.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:30 PM