none
Recover Deleted Pictures

Question

• Hi All,

I accidentally lost all the pictures from my desktop and I am unable to recover them. This is what happened;

1. Created a folder under C: and gave it a name

2. I cut photos from the SD card and pasted them in to this new folder

3. Disconnected the SD card and removed it from the slot

4. I was then in the process of copying a movie file from the harddisk to a pen drive and that was when my 1 year old (whom I was carrying while doing the copy) banged on the laptop keyboard

5. The movie file got deleted from the folder and I couldn't find it in recycle bin too

6. Then I started doing "REDO" until I got the movie file back

7. Only to realize that the photos I previously copied were not there anymore in the new folder I created and the folder's name had changed back to "New Folder" (Basically the Folder name and the copy of the photos operation was undone :( )

I have tried a few recovery softwares both on the SD card and harddisk but no luck :( I lost around 200 photos and invaluable memories of a family trip

Any kind of help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Raghu

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Raghu,

Please understand that it is hard for us to retrieve deleted files.

However, I would like to provide the following suggestions for test:

Suggestion 1 System Restore

===================

1. Before you start, please close all open files and close all open programs.

2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click System Restore.

3. Select "Choose a different restore point" and click Next.

4. From the restore points available, select an appropriate restore point when your system was working correctly and click "Next".

5. Click Finish and System Restore will restart the computer to apply these changes.

After restarting, check whether your system functions correctly now. If not, you can undo your last restoration or select another restore point in the System Restore user interface.

Note: System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings. It also can make changes to scripts, batch files, and other types of executable files on your computer. It does not affect personal files, such as e mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file.

Suggestion 2 Restore to Previous Versions

===========================

1. Right-click the folder that contains the photos you deleted and click Properties.

2. On the Previous Versions tab, choose a folder before you deleted the photos and click Restore.

If the pictures still could not be found, you may need to use third party data recovery tool or contact a data recovery company to recover these photos.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 01, 2012 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Raghu,

Please understand that it is hard for us to retrieve deleted files.

However, I would like to provide the following suggestions for test:

Suggestion 1 System Restore

===================

1. Before you start, please close all open files and close all open programs.

2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click System Restore.

3. Select "Choose a different restore point" and click Next.

4. From the restore points available, select an appropriate restore point when your system was working correctly and click "Next".

5. Click Finish and System Restore will restart the computer to apply these changes.

After restarting, check whether your system functions correctly now. If not, you can undo your last restoration or select another restore point in the System Restore user interface.

Note: System Restore affects Windows system files, programs, and registry settings. It also can make changes to scripts, batch files, and other types of executable files on your computer. It does not affect personal files, such as e mail, documents, or photos, so it cannot help you restore a deleted file.

Suggestion 2 Restore to Previous Versions

===========================

1. Right-click the folder that contains the photos you deleted and click Properties.

2. On the Previous Versions tab, choose a folder before you deleted the photos and click Restore.

If the pictures still could not be found, you may need to use third party data recovery tool or contact a data recovery company to recover these photos.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 01, 2012 8:30 AM
  • You can recover deleted photos, actually. Only a few steps:
    First, connect your phone to computer.
    Second, running the program, here I recommend Photo Recovery.
    Then, you can preview your photos and recover them.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 7:32 AM
  • Yes, it is possible to recover photos from any storage medium be it a Windows or mobile or any handset. There are numerous smart data recovery tools available to help you recover image files from the list of storage devices including USB, Flash Drive, Mobile memory Card or Mobile itself, computer system, and other removable media.

Photo Recovery Software such an amazing and helpful utility that can recover corrupt photos or deleted photos from our system. The software is programmed to support all popular file types used for pictures/images and audios and videos as well. For the recovery process, Photo Recovery provides three modes for handling the different level of corruptions with no alteration or damage to the original photo during recovery session. Being a utility for Windows System supports all popular operating systems versions provided by Microsoft systems.

Read more about how to avoid and take precaution Recover Deleted Photos from Windows, Mobiles or any Handset devices by Photo Rec

Monday, May 22, 2017 9:16 AM