none
Can't access Router's web login interface with the router ip address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I can't access the router's web login interface with the router's IP address for some reason. When I enter the router's IP (ie 192.168.1.1) on the address bar and hit enter, it displays the Microsoft IIS page. I tried to fiddle around the iis manager but I am not sure if that's the cause of the issue.

Any help would be really appreciated guys.

Thank you.

Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The reason you're getting the IIS7 site is because you have installed IIS7 on your computer at one point or another.  It's coming up because you're not browsing to the IP address of your router. I doubt your router IP address is not 192.168.1.1. 

In most broadband home networks, the router is the default gateway. You could run the command "ipconfig/all" in Command Prompt as administrator to see the gateway. After that, try to connect the router by typing the gateway in browser and you will access the router page.

Hope that will help you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:38 AM