none
Connection Based on Cube Perspective Causing Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Good Aftrnoon,

We changed our PP dashboard connection to use Perspective instead of entire cube to limit number of attriutes users can drill down to. Analytical charts come up fine but now when we drill down to any attribute we get an error: You do not have permissions to see this data or the server is unavailable. Contact the administrator for more details.

Has anyone experienced this?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:23 PM

All replies

• Have not seen this before.  Which version of PPS and SQL Server are you using (and build numbers)?

Have you reviewed the entries in the Application Event Log on the server?  What about running a trace against SSAS to see the credentials and any other information that is being passed to SSAS?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:00 PM
  • Hello svashchenko,

I got the same problem. But unfortunately I did not find a solution yet. I use PerformancePoint Services in MS SharePoint 2010 (Version 14.0.0.0) and SQL Server 2008 R2. The only way out was that I found a workaround. But it is not comfortable for users.

To get the drill down on an attribute working, you have to right-klick on any bar and chose "switch to...". Afterwards the drill down is possible without errors. As soon as you refresh or recall the page, you have to do that again.

I have no idea what the problem is here but I urgently need to know, at least to explain, or maybe solve the problem for my users.

Thanks for help!

Friday, January 7, 2011 8:06 AM