none
How does MDT decide where to look for drivers? RRS feed

• Question

• I've setup my MDT 2013 to deploy Windows to systems by Make and Model. Each model has a driver profile specified for each machine.

I wonder what happens when a machine is not in the Make and Model list and a driver profile created? Does MDT look at all drivers instead?

Orange County District Attorney

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 2:31 PM

Answers

• The short answer is it won't if you are using the Total control method

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:06 PM

All replies

• The short answer is it won't if you are using the Total control method

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:06 PM
  • Thanks for the note back. I found the answer to my issue from the link you provided. I dug into my Task Sequences and found that under Inject Drivers, it's set to All Drivers. I've never considered or set this step.

Orange County District Attorney

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:15 PM
  • Glad that worked for you :)

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 5:59 PM