none
User View RCDC not resolving correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Heres a bit of a weird one.

My users view RCDC seems not be be rendering correctly, the code for all the attributes is set to UOCLabels. Yet it is still displaying UOCDropdowns that I use in the Edit RCDC.

At First i thought it must be resolving that way because it is loading the user edit RCDC But I have made sure to logon to the portal with a standard user to make sure i am resolving the user view RCDC. I also double checked the XML. I have reset IIS (even rebooted a few time to make sure) but still getting a the incorrect display.

Monday, April 15, 2013 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Maybe you check "Apply on viewing" in the edit RCDC?

Sylvain

Monday, April 15, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

Nope checked already. View is set for "Apply on Viewing" only and Edit is set to "Apply on editing"

it very odd, because some of my other controls in the view rcdc are not even displaying. I have some labels that dont even appear. I have implemented exactly the same control in the edit view and the edit is rendering correctly. 

I'm going to rolll back to the original view and do a reboot then recreate the changes.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:07 AM
  • So I did some more checking. FIM is for some reason displaying a page for user view RCDC that it has cached somewhere.

I checked the code on user edit and user view. I commented out hugw swathes of code essentially leaving only the original code on both RCDCs. i then did an IISRESET on both servers. Cleared the IE cache on both my test clients, and it still renders the old RCDCs. This is really weird and its seriously getting me irked. The system is going live tomorrow. 

I'm not sure where or how it is caching the RCDC's... anybody got any ideas?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:48 AM