DNS Records Alerting - SCOM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have SCOM 2012 SP1 and want to monitor the DNS Stale records. We have imported DNS MP (SC Management Pack for Windows Server DNS). 

Need an alert for the DNS stale record which normally disappears after 6 days. The alert needed on first day and 5th day. Whether any particular monitor/rule is already available in DNS MP (which was imported successfully already). Which alert refers the threshold and how to test it.

Quick answer much appreciated.

Thanks,

Naren. 

Thanks & regards, Naren.

Monday, February 15, 2016 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

I tried to find anything regarding "stale record" in DNS MP Guide , but it seems there's no monitor/rule for it If I didn't miss anything .

And I found the following report script :

"

This script finds all of the records in risk of being removed and provides a nice output. It checks to see if any records are for any online computers in case those computers aren't actually offline and are just having problems updating their record.

"

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Report-on-Stale-DNS-c6a0173b

Hope it is helpful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Monday, February 29, 2016 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:42 AM