Windows 8.1, Printer Spooler problem-Error 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to print and for the first time ever I got an Error 2 from my Printer Spooler. I'm using Windows 8.1.

I've found forums regarding other Printer Spooler errors and fixes but not for Error 2.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Dan

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press enter.

2. In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.

3. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.

C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

4. Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.

5. Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer.

Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.

6. Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

Also I would suggest you to install the latest driver for the printers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

For the error, we could get more information in the link below.

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/print-spooler-service-error-2-error-3-windows-7/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 2:23 AM