none
DNS entry for Edge server keeps changing to the incorrect IP RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Lync Edge server with 2 NIC's.  One on the DMZ  and one on our internal network.  We have a static entry in our internal DNS that points to the IP on the internal network.  Every morning the DNS entry changes to that of the IP in our DMZ which is not routable from our internal clients.  I have already deleted and recreated the DNS entries on all of our DNS servers.  I have disabled the "Register this connection's address in DNS" option on the NIC in the DMZ.  I increased the TTL on the DNS entry to over a year.  When the DNS entry changed back to the IP on the DMZ, the TTL also reverted to 20 min.  Both the edge server and the DNS servers are 2008 R2.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Every morning the DNS entry changes to that of the IP in our DMZ which is not routable from our internal clients.

Was the static entry in your internal DNS covered by the DMZ?

If the two record both exist, you could able netmask ordering.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 30, 2017 10:49 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 7:48 AM