none
Translator widget + links to other wiki pages don't play nicely together RRS feed

• Question

• This page (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6432.aspx) has a Table of Contents section, just like its English version.

Note that none of the links to other wiki pages show any content. Yet I have clicked a link, which opens a new page, created the corresponding content and saved it. But when I go back to the original page, the link still shows up as red (i.e. no page to link to).

I copied in a link from the English version, saved the page, and you can see the result: the English link is blue, and clicking on it takes you to the page, but the Spanish link is red.

I did use a different keyboard, US International, in creating the Spanish pages, don't know if that matters.

I just tried copying the spanish link, but pasting over it only the English part (which was created with an US keyboard), and that looks weird, so it suggests the different keyboards may be a factor.

I've tried a number of permutations, which you can see in the article.

Any help would be appreciated: I'd really like to be able to link to other articles in Spanish.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Colleague!

Will need to have a closer look to figure the underlying issue. At first glance, it seems that the wiki is not recognizing your Spanish links as pointers to to an existing page, so it pops a page to create it. I don't think keyboard is an issue.

In the meatime, let me suggest a workaround to link to existing articles:

Instead of the wiki style "square bracket links" (e.g. "[[articles:Entity Framework FAQ: Introduccíon (es-ES)|Introduccíon]]"), you could use the URL of your articles (e.g. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6433.aspx)

Hope that helps

Bruno

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Colleague!

Will need to have a closer look to figure the underlying issue. At first glance, it seems that the wiki is not recognizing your Spanish links as pointers to to an existing page, so it pops a page to create it. I don't think keyboard is an issue.

In the meatime, let me suggest a workaround to link to existing articles:

Instead of the wiki style "square bracket links" (e.g. "[[articles:Entity Framework FAQ: Introduccíon (es-ES)|Introduccíon]]"), you could use the URL of your articles (e.g. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6433.aspx)

Hope that helps

Bruno

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Hi,

The issue seemd to be indeed around characters other than latin [a-Z] in the title. The Wiki team has deployed a fix that should hopefully address this. I gave this a quick try on your article on the "Generación de código" link that now works but since I have to create an empty stub page as I verify, I will let you test further yourself to avoid me "squatting" article titles that you'd want to use.

Bruno

Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:44 PM