Can't find ini-file RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Steady State with two accounts and everything seem to be ok. But sometimes (1/20), when I want to login (not as admin), the next message appears: 'can't find the ini-file'. When I click on the ok-button, the login proces proceed, but than the account has de rights of the administrator. The problem is: sometimes it happens, sometimes not !? Anyone knows what the reason can be ?
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi BIES, can you let me know the exact error message of "can't find the ini-file"? After logging on the computer as a standard user, can this user launch Windows SteadyState and change its settings? If you want to restrict standard user to change settings, you can add SteadyState to block programs list.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, November 27, 2009 5:23 AM
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:49 AM

All replies

• Hi BIES, can you let me know the exact error message of "can't find the ini-file"? After logging on the computer as a standard user, can this user launch Windows SteadyState and change its settings? If you want to restrict standard user to change settings, you can add SteadyState to block programs list.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:49 AM
  • Hi Sean Zhu, I think that found a solution for the problem. After installing the program UPHClean I've never had the error message again.

Thanks !
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 9:35 PM