IIS Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• WIN102016 asked on <button aria-label="Date" class="msaActionText msgHistoryBtn info-panel-toggle-link" data-panelcontainer=".userInfo" data-paneltarget="#message-history-holder-5967d3d1-3405-4649-aa80-52375ea16f1b" style="color:#006cd8;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:inherit;line-height:inherit;font-family:inherit;margin:0px;cursor:pointer;padding:0px;border:none;display:inline;" title="See post history">March 4, 2016See post history</button>

I am the administrator on my laptop using Win 10. I installed IIS. I entered a localhost address and got the following:

Access is denied. Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. You might not have permission to view the requested resources. 

Error message 401.3: You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied (access denied due to Access Control Lists). Ask the Web server's administrator to give you access to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Kevin'.

Ok, I went to the Inetpubs folder I went to the security settings, although have Administrator privileges.

What am I missing here?

Friday, March 4, 2016 11:30 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Please check you access to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Kevin'.

Please also try to enable Anonymous Authentication for the web site.

In addition, it seems this issue is not related with System Center Service Manager, I would like to suggest you post in the IIS forum as this is more IIS related.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, March 21, 2016 1:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, March 25, 2016 5:43 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 2:14 AM