How do you determine the last successful content deployment timestamp (to display on site page) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am seeking a way to display when the last *refresh* occured (content deployment refresh) timestamp on a page.
    For example:  "The information on this page was last refreshed on 10 AUG 09 AT 1345Z"

Please note, this is not the same as the last time information was *updated*. I have a workflow already to do this on list item add/change.

We perform a content deployment from staging to production every 30 mins, but it is important that the internet users are aware of how fresh the information is (ie, < 30 mins = Fresh; > 30 = Stale). It should always be a maximum of 30mins but consider the scenario when content deployment fails.

My requirement is a bit tricky, because strictly speaking the Production site should be a verbatim copy of the Staging site, but I have to update a Production page with the latest deployment success timestamp, so i need a dynamic reference to achieve this. (possibly a web part to query db directly [select top 1], but there should be an easier way?!!?)

Any ideas how/where i can pull this information from SharePoint?

Thanks in advance!
    Ben
    Monday, August 10, 2009 11:21 AM